Right now, there are more women serving in the U.S. Senate than ever before. And in honor of National WomenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Health Week, Women's Health reached out to six of themÃ¢â‚¬”all of them powerhouses who are using their political smarts and clout to advocate for your health.
TheyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve each written a passionate blog on a health issue thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s critical to women today:
- The staggering problem of sex crimes on campus, by Senator Claire McCaskill
- The scary truth about genetically-engineered fish, by Senator Lisa Murkowski
- The importance of birth-control access, by Senator Patty Murray
- The startling rise in diabetes, by Senator Susan Collins
- The need for expanded breast and cervical cancer screening, by Senators Tammy Baldwin and Barbara Mikulski
Check back here each day, starting Monday, May 12, to find out the need-to-know on these issues, how these superstar senators are fighting for you, and what you can do to make a difference.