Health Female Adda
1 year ago
This Woman Accidentally Super-Glued Her Eye Shut

There are a lot of things you don’t want to put in your eyes, and we’re guessing Super Glue is right up there.

A Florida woman discovered just how terrible that can be after she accidentally glued her eye shut with the (very) sticky stuff.

Here’s how it went down: Katherine Gaydos accidentally got debris into her eye last week while she was around someone using a leaf blower. She asked someone to get eye drops out of her purse, and they mistakenly brought Super Glue.

RELATED: This Woman Fulfilled Her Dream of Being Disabled by Blinding Herself with Drain Cleaner

And then they poured it into her eye.

“As soon as I felt it in my eye, I felt it burn, and I closed my eye and screamed 'Call 911,'” she told WPBF-TV.

Katherine went to her doctor, who told her she may have to have her eye removed. She returned a few days later, but was turned away because she couldn’t pay for more treatment.

Eight days after the accident, her eye was still glued shut. Here's what it looked like: 

Photograph courtesy of ABC NEWS

 

RELATED: The Craziest Sh*t People Have Gotten Stuck in Their Eyes

Eventually, she was able to visit a doctor who pried her eye open…but she had to have the glue removed at a later date.

Luckily, it looks like she’ll be okay. “He said I should get my sight back and not have permanent damage,” said Katherine

Moral of the story: Don’t allow anyone other than a licensed professional to squirt something in your eye. And, while you’re at it, maybe store your eye drops and your Super Glue far, far away from each other.

3 Views    
Facebook Facebook Twitter Linkedin Google Pinterest

Related Articles

Refer your 10 female friends! Earn Instant 500