Sure, you like to laugh and have fun with friends. And while sometimes you feel like going out dancing, other times youÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re just as happy curled up on the couch with a movie.
Apparently, so does every other girl on a dating site.
IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ve gotten a curious amount of online dating messages lately from guys who claim to be relieved by my profile, saying they get sick of reading the same nondescript bit in womenÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s online dating profiles.
Now, IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m not saying I have a perfect profile, but its imperfections are just as imperfect as I am. And IÃ¢â‚¬â„¢m cool with that. When a guy reads my online dating profile, I hope he gets a feel for my quirkiness, my humor, my sincerityÃ¢â‚¬Â¦ my personality. If heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s interested, then heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s interested in the real me. And if heÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s not, then I probably wouldnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t be too into him either.
HereÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s the free-writing section of my online dating profile:
I've lived in Indiana, Chicago, Spain, and New York. I've taught toddlers and smelly middle schoolers English. I've been lost in Poland. I've taken the wrong train more times than I can count. I adore grammar (and occasionally defy it), sleep past noon, and only like to cook when it's not a necessity. And I can't wait to find someone to share it all with. (That said, sharing doesn't mean being joined at the hip... I do like my independence.)
I'm looking for a personÃ¢â‚¬”and a relationshipÃ¢â‚¬”of substance, honesty, intelligence, and loads of passion. I'm looking for someone with whom I can laugh, goof around, spoil, share secrets, and enjoy all the little nothings that, in the end, mean so much more than so many somethings.
Now that that's out of the way, here's a little bit about me:
- I drink milk straight out of the jug (don't worry, I'll get my own jug)
- The first thing I do when I get home is change into comfies (sweats, pajamas, anything but real clothes)
- Eating is one of life's important physical pleasures, and I enjoy it wholeheartedly
- I use phrases like "cool beans" and "awesome blossom," which some find dorky. I, however, think they are cool (beans)
- For some reason, I constantly forget my age and have to do the math in my head
- I correct people's grammar (in my head)
- Everything in life relates to Friends, When Harry Met Sally, or Pulp Fiction
- I hate petunias (what a joke of a flower!)
- I adore meat. Seriously. They call me the carnivore
- There's not a single country I don't want to visit
- I make a mean pumpkin pie (from scratch). And yes, I love Thanksgiving
Hope this is the nudge you needed to you to show off your own originality. After all, thatÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s what makes you so freaking awesome.