OVARIAN CYST - SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS An ovarian cyst is a fluid-filled pouch inside ovary and is generally painless. Actually, a c...
1. Snack responsibly Totally Bamboo's chip-and-dip setÃ¢â‚¬”made from bamboo, a naturally renewable materialÃ¢â‚¬”is the perfect way to serve up organic party eats. Fill it with tortilla chips (try Garden of Eatin's multigrain tortilla chips with sea salt) and fresh salsa or black bean dip. $30, totallybamboo.com
2. Good spirits Not only is Square One organic vodka made from pesticide-free American rye and minimally processed, but the sleek bottles are meant to be reused as vases once they're empty. Mix up some conscientious cocktails with the original vodka or the cucumber-flavored version. $34, squareonevodka.com for buying info
3. Glow on Set the mood with OXO Candela DemiGlow rechargeable candles. The LED bulbs glimmer softly just like the real thing and run up to eight hours on a single charge. $70 for a set of four, oxo.com
4. Glass act Toast Mother Earth with The Green Glass Co.'s Cobalt Collection tumblers. Each cool-blue cup is made from the lower half of a reclaimed vino bottle and still bears the original markings on the bottom. $44 for a set of four glasses, greenglass.com
5. Clean up nice For the main event, dress your table with Kyoto organic napkins, made from 100 percent organic Turkish cotton and low-impact dyes. They are pretty and natural, and, best of all, won't end up in a landfill after dinner. $8.25 each, bambeco.com
3 More Earth-Friendly Ideas
Grocery shop close to home
Plan the menu around what's available in your area. Find a place to buy locally produced food at locally produced food at localharvest.org; locate nearby microbreweries at brewpubzone.com.
Put a cork in it
Instead of tossing old wine corks into the trash, save them to reuse as place-card holders. Cut each cork in half, makes slits in the rounded sides, and slip in cards bearing your guests' names.
Ditch the dishwashing
At worldcentric.org, you can find disposable dishes made from sugarcane fiber (called bagasse) and utensils that are made from biodegradable plastic.