Republicans might have a reputation for being buttoned-up, but new research suggests they’re way more risquÃƒÂ© than you’d think when it comes to sex.
According to a survey of 700,000 people by dating app Clover, Republicans have outdoor sex 50 percent more often than Democrats. So for every one time a Hillary Clinton fan gets down in the dirt, five more Donald Trump supporters are hosting a patio P in V party for two (or more?).
Sign up for Women's Health's new newsletter, So This Happened, to get the day’s trending stories and health studies.
(Interestingly enough, Match’s new Singles in America survey found that Republicans are much more likely than Dems to film themselves having sex. They’re also 1,100 times more likely to expect to have sex on the first date.)
Of course, Republicans can’t have all the fun: The Clover survey also discovered that Democrats are 30 percent more likely to have casual sex.
Among other facts, which are slightly less surprising:
- Democrats are twice as likely to smoke weed
- Republicans are twice as likely to shoot a gun
- Democrats listen to hip-hop 23 percent more often then Republicans, while Republicans tune in to country music 55 percent more often than Democrats
- Democrats are 17 percent more likely to meet for coffee
- Republicans are 200 percent more religious
So, if you’re trying to nab a Republican, throw on a cowboy hat, crank up the country music, and bring a blanket. Go get 'em cowgirl!