If you’re easily overwhelmed by perfectly arched brows, the Kardashians’ masterfully contoured faces, and the concept of layering lipsticks, you’re not alone—even if it seems like everybody around you is rocking a flawless cat eye.
Sure, makeup is far from the most important thing in life, but you often dream about what it would be like if you knew how to properly accentuate your cheekbones or plump up your lips. Sigh. Here are nine struggles every girl who’s not so great at makeup can relate to.
1. Doing and Re-Doing Your Winged Eyeliner Six Times (on Each Side!) Before Throwing in the Towel
Well, there’s 20 minutes you’ll never get back.
2. Looking Like a Clown When You Try to Wear Blush
Cream blush, powder blush, cheek tint—you’ll never get the hang of any of them.
3. Wondering Whether Concealer Is Supposed to Go On Before or After Foundation
Does it even matter?
4. Praying Your Eyebrows Are Naturally on Fleek—Because You Have No Idea How to Properly Fill Them In
…Let alone how to choose the right shade of brow pencil.
5. Getting Really Excited About Going to Sephora…and Then Getting Really Overwhelmed
Primer, toner, pore minimizer, facial spray—what even are all of these things? And should you be using all of them?!
6. Buying Cool Brightly Colored Makeup...But Being Too Scared to Use It
How many Saturday nights have you Googled “bright blue eyeliner looks” and then ended up sticking to your basic brown?
7. Begging Your Much More Talented Friends to Do Your Makeup Before Any Important Event
Just be glad they don’t make you pay for it—you wouldn’t be able to afford your rent anymore.
8. Never Having Your Lipstick Stay on For Longer Than an Hour or Two
And you never get it quite in the lines or keep it off your teeth.
9. Following Contouring YouTube Tutorials to Disastrous Results
You look less Kim K., more “I just got the streakiest spray tan of all time.”
All gifs courtesy of giphy.com