8 Things You DidnÃ¢â‚¬â„¢t Know About Donald TrumpÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Adult Children
Now that Donald Trump is officially the next president of the United States, it’s time to get to know the future First Family a little bit better. Though Donald Jr., 38, Ivanka, 35, Erik, 32, and Tiffany, 23, all played major roles in the campaign, we're sure to hear even more from these adult kiddos over the coming months and years. (Donald's fifth child, Barron, with wife Melania Trump, is just 10 years old.)
Here are eight things you need to know about Trump's grown children.
1. They follow in dad’s footsteps. Just like dad, Donald Jr., Ivanka, and Tiffany graduated from the University of Pennsylvania's Wharton School, according to ABC News. Black sheep Erik graduated from Georgetown.
2. They’re big game hunters. Yep. Trump's two eldest sons have been photographed proudly posing with their kills (including a cheetah and an elephant) on hunting trips, according to the New York Daily News. The photos have drawn criticism and comparisons to the killing of Cecil the Lion.
3. One of them is an aspiring popstar. She’s not exactly topping the charts, but youngest daughter Tiffany did release an electro-pop single titled “Like a Bird” in 2011 (Nelly Furtado might not be happy about it) with the lyrics "Feel like I started falling, crawling through the liquid love/You’re cute and you tweeted me, baby you go beep, beep, beep."
4. One of them had Broadway dreams. Ivanka (whose real name is actually Ivana, just like her mom) had big Broadway dreams when she was young, according to US Weekly. As a kid she danced in The Nutcracker at Lincoln Center. And before creating her own fashion and lifestyle empire, Ivanka auditioned for the role of Cosette in Les Mis. She didn’t get the part.
5. One of them is dating a Democrat. Tiffany, who was raised in California by her mother, Marla Maples, is reportedly dating a registered Democrat, according to NBC News. Consider the couple a modern day Romeo and Juliet.
6. One of them is fluent in Czech. The three eldest Trump children boast Czechoslovakian heritage, thanks to their mother, Ivana, who was born there. Donald Jr. is reportedly fluent in the language, thanks to a close relationship with his grandparents, Town & Country magazine reports.
7. One of them is an award-winning winemaker. We guess they're all about making wine great again, too. Eric launched a winery, naturally dubbed Trump Winery, in 2011, and has since won several industry awards, including the title of 2013 Rising Star of the Year by Wine Enthusiast magazine.
8. They let dad play matchmaker. Eldest son Donnie Jr. met his wife when his dad pulled off an embarassing set up, the New York Times reports. After spotting the former model Vanessa Haydon at a fashion show, Donald Sr. pulled her aside to introduce her to his son—twice. The couple now has five kids.