Because you can never have too much useless knowledge about the sex habits of the people in your state (or any state, for that matter), Skyn condoms and Maxim teamed up to survey over 5,000 18-to 34-year-olds across the country to create the Sex in America heat map (it's hot, get it?). The results are both bizarre and enlightening.
Check out the 17 most fascinating sex facts from the home of the brave and the land of the freaky.
1. Californians are classing it up. Millennials in Cali are most likely to get busy on school premises, which gives a whole new meaning to the schoolgirl fantasy…
2. But South Dakotans need to be sent to the principal’s office. Millennials in South Dakota are the most likely to have had sex with a teacher. Naughty indeed.
3. New Yorkers are the most welcoming. The Yanks in this state are the most likely to have a threesome. And people say New Yorkers aren’t friendly…
Sign up for Women's Health's new newsletter, So This Happened, to get the day’s trending stories and health studies.
4. Wyoming gets dirty. 18- to 34-year-olds in Wyoming are most likely to have sex outside. We imagine there are cowboy hats and bearskin rugs involved (at least we hope so).
5. Vermont is into variety. Vermont residents average the highest number of sex partners in the nation. Hey, they’ve got to do something during those long winter months…
6. Tennessee takes it slow. Millennials in this Southern state are most likely to have sex for two hours or more. Two hours?! We'll have whatever they're having.
7. Massachusetts' millennials hit it and quit it. The residents of this state are the most likely to have a one-night stand.
8. Kansas likes it wet and wild. Over half of sexually active participants surveyed have gotten down in a hot tub or pool. (We bet their gynos are super busy.)
9. Georgians fly solo...often. In Georgia, millennials reported masturbating several times a day.
10. Montana millennials take it to the toy store. Residents of this mountain state are the most likely to bring a vibrator or other sex toy into the boudoir.
11. Millennials in Wisconsin have super sex lives. Literally. They’re the most likely to role play as super heroes. (We hope the ability to have multiple orgasms on command is their super power.)
12. Louisiana likes their PDA. Millennials in the Big Easy are the most likely to get it on outside of the bedroom and beyond.
13. Millennials in Maine are cookin' up something special. Must be those clam bakes—millennials in this state are the most likely to have sex in the kitchen.
14. New Hampshire is having a dry spell. According to the survey, they're having the least sex in the nation. Ouch.
15. Rhode Island likes it rough. They're the state most likely to use handcuffs during sex. Where is Christian Grey from again?
16. Jersey plays it safe. Despite what MTV might have us thinking, Jersey girls and guys are the most likely to use condoms. Hooray!
17. Mississippi is the most appreciative state. Maybe it’s just good Southern manners, but millennials in Mississippi are the most likely to say their partner is dynamite in the sack. Kudos.