When you're on the hunt for porn, the library is probably not your first stop. But the New York Public Library is reportedly getting down and dirty by publicizing its collection of super old-school porn, dating back to the 16th century.
The collection's curator, Jason Baumann, told the New York Times that the pieces are meant to show what all aspects of life were like in New York City, including erotic images and prose.
So what did porn look like before Penthouse existed and Christian Grey was a household name? Unfortunately, the library's goods aren't available online, but thanks to the fine people on Tumblr and Instagram we bring you a scandalous peep show from the past. Jump into our sexy time machine, and check out 14 pieces that got ladies and gents hot and bothered before there was PornHub.
1. This Couple Trying Several of the Best Sex Positions Ever
2. This DTF Lady Examining the Goods
3. This 40+ mag from 1962
4. This Proof That Booty-Eating Has Been in Vogue for Centuries
5. This Busy Multi-Tasking Babe
6. This Rendering of Adam and Eve Getting It On Next to Leopards Getting It On
7. This Instagram-Worthy Spread of Bettie Page
8. This Couple That Just Looks Super Nice
9. This Illicit Wife Having the Time of Her Life
10. This Charming Power Couple Out for a Stroll
11. This Modern Woman Taking Matters into Her Own Hands
12. This Ad From the Pre-Amazon.com Days
13. This Breezy Lady Lounging in the Grass
14. This Flying Nun Pose. Scandalous!