Truth: Dandruff is actually the worst. It seems like no matter how much you pamper your scalp, those effing flakes won't go away. And the cold, dry winter air just makes things that much worse. We feel you (seriously, we're scratching our heads right now). But don't worry—we're all in this together. That's why we made this list of 10 common things any lady with dandruff can relate to.
1. It's Freakin' Hard to Resist the Urge to Itch
OMG, it can be sooooo unbearable sometimes.
2. But When You Do Scratch, It's Painful
Yep, you've drawn blood. Ouch.
3. You Hide Your Hair Under Hats on the Regular
Your friends and family don't even remember what you actually look like without one.
4. Wearing Black Is Just a Recipe for Disaster
Being covered in flecks of oily skin is just not cute.
5. You Spend Hours on Pinterest Looking for DIY Treatments
Apple cider vinegar, baking soda, tea tree oil—you name it, you've tried it.
6. You Hoard Bottles of Head & Shoulders
If the ingredient zinc pyrithione is in it, you'll buy it.
7. Hitting Up the Salon Gives You Major Anxiety
"Please don't let the stylist comment on my flaky scalp," is all you can think when you're having your hair washed.
8. You Can't Go More Than a Day Without Showering
Oh, you're too tired to wash your hair after watching Scandal? Well, then your pillow will be covered in greasy flakes in the morning. Gross.
9. You've Attempted Just About Every Updo You Can Imagine to Hide Your Flakes
You've gotten good at French braiding, thank you very much.
10. Your Dermatologist Is Kind of Like Your Therapist These Days
You've pretty much got her on speed dial.
All GIFs via giphy.com