1. He’s may want a shower after, and that's fine. It’s pretty common to hop in the shower and scrub away all the unique smells that come with sex. It's more common with anal sex. It's not personal! You should join him! In fact, please join him, because maybe that might lead to shower sex.
2. He’s at least a little cautious about poop. It’s not like the odds are incredibly high you’re going to poop on him, but you know… look. Like, if you walk outside in a storm, will you definitely get struck by lightning? No. But is it likelier than if you stay indoors? Sure.
3. The condom makes cleanup easier. Sure, it protects against STIs, which is important enough. But it also means, in plain and simple terms: less scrubbing of his weiner.
4. It feels a lot different. Not like, crazy different. But different the way pizza and calzones are different. It’s the same ingredients and it tastes similar, but they’re still different enough that sometimes you might want a calzone.
5. He knows he needs to go very slow. This is a marathon not a sprint. Also, like a marathon, sometimes people poop themselves. I'm sorry, I swear I'm almost done with poop talk.
6. Not every guy loves anal. Some guys aren’t really into the process of putting their penis into a butt. Also fine! You can have years-long relationships with guys who just never feel inspired to do this. The myth that every guy is secretly dying to try butt stuff is just not true.
7. He honestly doesn't know whether or not you can orgasm this way. Are anal-only orgasms real?!
8. He's gotta wash his pubes. Okay this is actually the end of the poop talk. If you see him shampooing down there post-sex, that's why. Unless he had the foresight to shave his pubes in advance. In which case, that man is a genius and possibly marriage material.
9. If he reaches around to finger you, he can probably feel himself inside you, too. So he might be doing that out of consideration for you, or it might just be because it feels cool.
10. Yes, he's relieved this can’t get you pregnant. Here’s a cool science fact you won’t find under a Snapple cap: a baby can’t grow in a butt. It’s not like he’s constantly thinking about that during vaginal intercourse or anything, but it’s just nice to have one less thing to worry about in the back of his mind.
Follow Frank on Twitter.